At Ardmore Jewellery we love making beautiful pieces for you to cherish, love and adore wearing.
Some Simple Tips for Jewellery Care
Here are a few simple tips to help you keep your jewellery looking its very best:
- Gold and silver jewellery should be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush, and don’t forget to rinse it well before drying with a very soft cloth.
- After washing, to produce an extra shine and restore shine, polish with a silver polishing cloth.
- Avoid wearing jewellery when swimming in pools or using a hot tub as chlorine can permanently damage or discolour your jewellery. Also avoid wearing jewellery when swimming in the sea.
- Pearls want to be worn, so enjoy wearing them frequently. The natural oils in our skin help them maintain their natural lustre.
- Harder gemstones and diamonds can be cleaned with hot soapy water and a soft toothbrush and dried with a soft cloth.
- To avoid scratching, store your jewellery in individual boxes or a soft cloth bag.
Our Top Tip!
All jewellery, but especially pearls, should avoid contact with perfumes, creams, lotions, and hair spray. A good rule of thumb with jewellery is “last on – first off”.